Re: [stella] Atari 2600 ewok, has it been found to be owned byanyone or dumped?

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari 2600 ewok, has it been found to be owned byanyone or dumped?
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:37:09 -0600
At 9:57 PM -0600 12/4/00, Godzilla wrote:
>Along those same lines, I was checking out some prototypes of parker
>brothers gyruss and popeye on ebay, when I noticed a certain cart on the
>left hand side of the pic in his auction, ewok. he doesnt have it listed as
>being up for auction... maybe we could convince him to let it be dumped...
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=508624745

Actually, he's already got a buyer, and supposedly the buyer WILL dump
and distribute it.  So keep your fingers crossed.

At 9:02 AM +0100 12/4/00, Piero Cavina wrote:
>Looks like the prototype that was announced on the UK collectors mailing
>list some weeks ago.

It is indeed the same one.

>It's strange that there has been almost no talk about it,

I think everyone was contacting the seller quietly, hoping they were the
only one who noticed.  That's what I did, as I wanted to fulfill an old
dream of Tim Duarte & myself -- release Ewok as a "2600 Connection Special
Issue" cartridge.  I don't think that's going to happen, but at least we'll
be able to play it.

>and it's even stranger that it's going away so cheap.

Cheap?  Where do you see a price?  The auction above is only for Gyruss.
Ewok just happens to be on the same pic (what a tease!).

>Didn't the other known Ewok prototype go for more than $1000?

Supposedly around $2000, though I haven't been able to track down who
got it and exactly how much they paid.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||