Re: [stella] weirdest video game EVER!

Subject: Re: [stella] weirdest video game EVER!
From: Galen Tatsuo Komatsu <gkomatsu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:31:06 -1000
On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Richard Kennehan wrote:
> http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/8943/boong/

>From the second picture.

1. This is an "kancho" game.  Administer a good kancho,
   and you get a prize.
2. Don't use your (bare) hands, you'll break your finger.
   Please use the controller.
3. This game is presently 80% complete.   Things will
   become more interesting.

When someone bends over, basically sticking their butt out, an old
gag is to jab them where the sun don't shine with your finger.  In
Japanese this is referred to as "kancho," which is the word for enema.

I took a, er, stab at the text on the right, but ran into problems.
The jist of it is, "This is the world's first(?) enema game." and the
rest apparently reiterates the text shown on the English brochure.

Long ago I remember an old useless trick for Pitfall! where if you climbed
to the top of a ladder then pounded directly down on the joystick (like
you're trying to impale your palm) Harry would jump straight up (and fall
down since he's directly over a pit)  I'm guessing as the result of
hitting some "impossible" direction (ie, left & right simultaneously) from
jamming directly down on the stick.

In other words, a game of this sort is somewhat possible on the 2600. =^P

...and that mascot in the third picture is a dung pile.