Re: [stella] Real tetris? Was:Tetris brainstorming

Subject: Re: [stella] Real tetris? Was:Tetris brainstorming
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:45:59 +0100
> What in fact is "real" (or better: original) tetris?
> I've got a PC DOS text mode program (c)1986 by 2 Russian
> guys, which I always thought of the "original" tetris.
>
> Does anyone know what the first tetris game was?

I think I read somewhere that the first version of Tetris was written
on a Russian computer called Electronica 60. This computer didn't have
a graphics mode, so they used square backets to model the pieces. The
DOS version that you mentioned is a port of the Electronica 60 version
with some advancements like coloured pieces and a score display. ;-)
This version was still done by the original authors of Tetris.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg