Re: [stella] My latest toy, the "SuperDuperCharger"

Subject: Re: [stella] My latest toy, the "SuperDuperCharger"
From: Chad Schell <gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:10:09 -0800
Hello again,

I just thought I'd let people know that I've updated my webpage on the SDCharger. Basically the news is that it's now on a PCB and supports the 64K Megaboy cart as well.

http://www.schells.com/sdcharger.shtml

I'd also like to ask an electronics question to the list, although I suppose it is slightly off topic. I have problems with the audio cable being an antenna for RF noise on the SDC. In fact, this same antenna effect can be created on just about any atari cart by connecting a long lead to ground. However, the Supercharger itself seems quite immune to this noise, they've obviously put in some nice noise rejection features.

I know that it's not the loops drawn on the PCB as the audio signal comes in from the cable, as connecting cables to ground on other points do no inject any noise.

So any thoughts as to what's their trick?

Or, for that matter, does anyone have a GREAT circuit for converting audio to digital signals using a single power supply. Also, it must preserve the 50% duty cycle, as the supercharger audio formats are quite sensitive to this aspect.

Thanks,
Chad
Chad Schell
gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Like the Intellivision?  Check out the Intellicart.
http://www.schells.com/intellicart.shtml

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/