[stella] Cartridge PCBs have arrived

Subject: [stella] Cartridge PCBs have arrived
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 00:32:18 -0400
I just wanted to let everyone know I finally got my cartridge PCBs back from the board manufacturer.. I'll be using these in the 50 cartridges I'm making for the game..

When things settle down (e.g., I finish my game - look for an update soon), I can offer these to other developers (for testing and also production).. Cost should be somewhere $3 - $5 / board in quantities of 100 or 200, but don't quote me on that. The cost goes way down in quantity.

The good thing about using these boards is you don't have to modify the old PCBs for use with an EPROM and the inverted address line which (to me) is a serious pain (which is why I decided to just fab new boards)..

The board uses a 7404 Hex Inverter (14-pin DIP) to invert the address/chip select line. I designed the board specifically for use with 4K ROMs. 2K should also work, but anything larger than 4K (2732s) will not work.

A scan is attached (of the back side of the PCB)...

Joe