Re: Re: Aw: [stella] Calling all...

Subject: Re: Re: Aw: [stella] Calling all...
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:12:37 -0400

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Joe Grand wrote:

> At 04:25 PM 5/17/2001 -0400, Chris wrote:
>
> >Thesis:  I have bare TIA dice (silicon chips) in hand, both with and
> >without the top metal layer.  Will hopefully get complete photographs
> >and video next week.
>
> Very cool.. What is your thesis topic?

Reverse engineering the TIA and reproducing it, probably in a FPGA.
I hope to make the thing cheap and low power (NMOS sucks a lot of power).
And maybe faster, but that is a story for another time.  The other main
goal is to get complete SCHEMATICS so we'll finally know how all the
software tricks work...exactly.

> Images of the die could make a pretty cool t-shirt... ;)

Yep.

See you in August!

-Chris

-