Re: [stella] Calling all...

Subject: Re: [stella] Calling all...
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:17:41 -0400
At 06:28 AM 5/18/01 +0000, Christopher Rydberg wrote:
>  If you're looking for better low cost homemade box try using a MD-1300 or
>MD-5000 printer from ALPS.  They use a wax based ink system that is almost

I like the ALPS printers, and have used one at a print shop, but at 3 bucks
a page (and considering I've only made 2 2600 labels in my life) I can't
justify one myself.  I guess they'd make nice CD labels too ;)

The other problems with the ALPS are that their inks tend to flake
eventually, and solid colors that aren't one of their primaries often look
pretty bad (I once printed a light shade of purple that came out as a big
magenta blob with cyan dots running through it.)  Maybe that was a driver
issue they later resolved.  They do produce gorgeous photographic output
though.  Laminating that stuff would be about as pro-looking as you could get.

Rob

-