RE: [stella] SCSIcide 0.06 (playable!)

Subject: RE: [stella] SCSIcide 0.06 (playable!)
From: "Gonzalo" <horcas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 03:35:59 -0300
Joe escribió:

> all the bits the same color (e.g. blue) and just have the next data bit to
> read be another color? That would solve the issue of different TVs showing
> different color types..

I think this is too much paranoia... maybe diferent systems shows diferent
colors, but you can recognize each color. And you can run your demos in a
real 2600, use it as a reference. I like diferent colors for blobs, they
makes the game harder to play

> 2) I'm thinking that the "hard drive" concept is too confusing? I am a big
> track & field (running) fan, so I'm thinking of turning the drive head
into
> a little runner and have the data bits be water jumps and hurdles and have
> "treasure" of some sort.. Might be a little more fun? The latency buffer
> could turn into an "energy" buffer. The bit counter on the right could
just
> count the number of treasure pieces the little guy picks up?

No man, please! The HD concept is great, very original... Hey, the playable
version you sended is really funny, levels 3 & 4 makes me crazy :) ...

> Do people like the varying speeds
> better? Physically, that wouldn't be possible for a hard drive...

varying speeds makes data bits easier to read... with the same speed you
would probably read the wrong bit because they are too close (that's what I
feel playing your demo). Maybe the same speed (and fast) would work for
higher levels.

> > o If wrong color data bit is read, game over
>
>I get killed that way at a frustrating high rate.
>Maybe you should do some not-so-severe punishment in this case :-)

yes, latency buffer should be incressed when you read a wrong bit.

anyway, the game is funny... :) It's an action game.

G.

-