Re: [stella] Starmaster disassembled

Subject: Re: [stella] Starmaster disassembled
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:49:45 +0200
Glenn wrote:
> 2600 Star Raiders gets the main action display down well enough, it's just
> that the whole galactic map with just one starbase and one group of enemies
> is ultra-lame.  It takes all the strategy out of the game.  That's probably
> a byproduct of a lack of RAM.  With more ROM and RAM, most of the other
> features could probably creep back in.

And strategy is exactly the reason why i like
Starmaster that much. Back then, it was first game for
me, where I did need some strategy to beat the game at
the highest level (save ALL starbases).

And now that I know, that both things are done in just
4K, I like it even more.

BTW: Did someone else look at the code?
It seems that Alan Miller didn't know all opcodes of
the 650x well . He is always using CLC, ROR instead of
a simple LSR. Funny, isn't it?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |