Re: [stella] vcs net play ?

Subject: Re: [stella] vcs net play ?
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:03:50 +0200
Thomas Dunn schrieb:

> What do you guys think?  Has anything like this been thought
> of/attempted before?  Do you think there would be any interest in
> it?

Uhm... I understand your idea, but I don't really see the point in
realising it.

Have you ever tried NESticle? The real cool thing of this NES emulator
is, that you could actually play _any_ NES 2-Player game via LAN
(possibly via the internet too, but we used too play via LAN only).

So, when implementing the internet connection into Z26 (you'd have to
programm exactly this data transfer anyway) one could play any 2-Player
game that Z26 is running via the internet.

I hear the purists crying 'but I want it on the real thing!'

Ok, ok. But consider this: Every single game playable over the net on
the real thing would have to be either programmed from scratch or modded
from an already existing one...

Greetings,
	Manuel

P.S. If I were to use the Joystick port as an output, I'd connect a
robot there and control it with an input device in the other port... :-)

-