[stella] Gunfight 2600: The final Kernel Part 3

Subject: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The final Kernel Part 3
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 19:52:14 +0200
Hi there!

I just finished a new demo version of Gunfight!

Changes include:

- Removed the *jumping* of the bullets
  (To my surprise this was possible with just some simple
   rearrangements inside the kernel :-))

- Removed the disturbing black HMOV line.

- Made the collision detection/assumption rock hard! (Hopefully :-))

- Finished all shootable obstacles. Now You can shoot some cacti
  and a new saloon into pieces!

- Started to make it a *real* game. You'll see what I mean, when
  testing it :-)

- Added a death-scene (I had an animation first, but it
  sucked worse than the scnene remaining :-))

- Other minor stuff here & there like adding some *randomness* into the
6-shooter
  mode

- And: added some _very_ _early_ _test_ music. It's really just for
  testing, it sucks soooooo bad! Besides - I just recycled the music
  driver from Kurts three year old 'Ship' demo. Expect some _GREAT_
  sonic improvements soon :-)

Since meanwhile the source is >50K, I'll ZIP it from now on.

Any comments, suggestions, critics, ideas are as usual welcome!

Now that the kernel will _definitely_ stay untouched, I'll work now on
further shaping the four play modes.
(remember: normal/6-shooter/score/escape)

Other points on my ToDo list are:

- winning sequence,
- jingles, music & effects
- the non-shootble scenarios

The stats: At the moment I've 12 bytes RAM, 1K ROM and lots of cycles...

Greetings,
	Manuel