Aw: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The final Kernel Part 3

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The final Kernel Part 3
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:05:28 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Thomas!

Von: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
> Manuel Polik wrote:

> > > Can you change the score font to give it a more western look to it?

> > I can try too, but I fear that's hard to achieve with the limited 8
> > pixel width.
> > I'll analyse some C64 games to see if I find a western 8*8 charset...

> The Atlantis font looks a bit western like. Maybe you can base you font on
> it.

It's superb! I think it'd be hard to get a VCS font more western than that!
Thanks for pointing it out!

(I already started experimenting with an '8' sized western ttf font,
 looking very similar. I might come up with a mixture of both.)

BTW, Glenn: Can you name an example for the sunset/shading you have in
     mind for the score display?

BTW²: Even when doing the sunset, there'd remain a few *normal*
      lines between the score and the actual playfield, since
      I reposition the sprites here and do other cleanup stuff,
      and this unavoidably *eats* up some lines...

Greetings,
     Manuel

Der Sommer wird noch heißer: Erotic-Summer-Shopping bei Nexgo!
http://shopping.nexgo.de/center/0,3485,624,00.html

-