Re: [stella] Maze Craze and 650x

Subject: Re: [stella] Maze Craze and 650x
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:56:05 +0200
Manuel wrote:
> I think it'd be too much to calculate. Between two lines of bricks you'd have to
> to calculate 4 new PF values. Maybe if you'd get all of that in 2 scannlines,
> it'd look ok. But in these 2 calculating-scanlines you'd already lose some cycles
> for this sequence:
>
> LDX #$1X
> TXS
> CPY Ball1
> PHP
> CPY Ball2
> PHP
> CPY Ball3
> PHP
>
> which you'd have to execute in both calculation lines...

Not necessary, for fast moving objects like the balls, every 2nd line should be enough (and give the balls a more square size). If not, you can at least avoid loading X twice, just add a TXS after the code above (- 2 cycles). Or you could allow some flicker here (which is less annoying for small objects) and draw only two balls per frame. Thrust is doing all those things, and nobody ever complained, it should be acceptable.

So, just in time calculation of the PF could be possible.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Flug.de - 570.000 Nutzer, ein Ziel: der optimale Flug
http://flug.de/sb/?PP=0-5-100-105-12

-