[stella] New 2600 development tool

Subject: [stella] New 2600 development tool
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:32:40 -0400 (EDT)
I've written a small perl program that reads ASCII-art files and generates
assembly source in dasm 2.12 format... its job is to take some of the headache
out of designing playfields.

I wrote up a pretty long README.txt and INSTALL.txt explaining how to use the
thing, so I won't go into much detail here... I'm attaching the tarball to
this message...

For those not familiar with .tar.gz files, don't worry, winzip 6.0 and above
support them just fine. And the program itself runs in Linux/UNIX, DOS,
Windows, or anywhere else perl will run (www.perl.com if you don't have a
copy)

If nothing else, check out the demo sources (*.asm in the archive) and
let me know what I did wrong (if anything... but everyone here has more
experience with 2600 development than I do...)

Hope you get some use out of this...

Brian Watson

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?