Re: Aw: [stella] My first (hopefully) finished demo

Subject: Re: Aw: [stella] My first (hopefully) finished demo
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:46:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Brian!
>
> Actually I'm normally using Eckhards color
> selector (colours.bin) for picking colors.

I didn't even know such a thing existed already (well, I thought
it might, but thought it would be a learning experience to write
it anyway)

> Even though your program has the nice feature
> letting you select contrasting/matching
> colors very good, I'm missing the better
> control/display Eckhards tool provides.

Yeah, the controls are pretty clunky. I don't think I fully
understand how the fire button latches are supposed to be used,
but even if it worked right, the design is still clunky.. UI
design has never been my strong point.

> If I want to select a certain color,
> I can do that very quick in his tool, as he
> is previewing both all 8 colors of the same type
> and all 16 of the same brightness as well.
>
> Best would possibly be a merge of both.
> (If you'd like improving yours... :-))

I'll have to find his, first... Mine could use improvement, I'll
probably take a break from what I'm trying to do now and see what
can be done... What I'm trying to do now being to write my own 6-digit
score routine. I know I could just borrow code from something else, but
I really want to understand it (best way to understand the wheel is to
re-invent the wheel, even if my version comes out square :)

Thanks for the feedback

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-