Re: [stella] EPROMs

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROMs
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:57:58 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Chris Wilkson wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, B. Watson wrote:
>
> > Does anyone make a development cart that can use 27c256b's?
>
> The 27c256 is the specific chip that my board uses, though it can
> fit a 27c128 with no modification needed.
>
> -Chris

Ah, excellent... now if only I could *erase* the 27c256's.. 1/2 hour under a
UV lamp didn't do it. The UV lamp I'm using, though, was made for something
else (growing plants indoors, maybe? or for keeping pet reptiles warm & happy?)
so it's probably never going to work... I'll leave them in there until I can't
stand to wait any more (4-5 hours probably) and hopefully they'll be erased, or
at least not permanently damaged.

I've also found another 27256-like chip on an old SCSI controller, the part
number is NM27256Q and the manufacturer's mark looks exactly like the world
war II `SS' symbol, only mirrored and rotated 90 degrees.. like this:

 /\/
 /\/

...I've got a bunch of manufacturers and part numbers listed in the manual,
so if I knew who the manufacturer was, I could maybe find out the Vpp.. though
the way this thing works, you just get a menu of part numbers and it never
tells you what voltage goes with what part number. Either I've fried 4 2716's,
or they were bad to begin with. The 27C256B's will read and program, so if I
can get them to erase, I have 4 32K EPROMs I can program and put in carts (but
I don't really have 4 carts I want to destroy)

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-