[stella] TIA sound note table, now in SQL

Subject: [stella] TIA sound note table, now in SQL
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 18:16:20 -0700
I just converted Eckhard's waveform guide into an SQL table so we can run queries on it. This should enable a web-based tool to sift through all the possible notes and find an even-tempered scale for music.

I should have a page ready to play with up and running in the next few days.

It will have features like picking a center target cent value and a threshold for how "out of tune" you will allow the notes, and then it will output a list sorted by frequency asc/desc, spanning all distortions, maybe color coded based on how out of tune each note is.

If someone thinks they can write something in VB or something that will take a list of notes that a song needs to use and will compare that against the available notes the 2600 can generate, transposing up and down if necessary, to find the best fit, that would be even better. I can send that person an export of the database in access or comma-delimited... As it is now it would be a stretch to do that with a web-based tool, although not impossible.

If we really analyze this data I'm sure we can find some "sweet spots" that work with certain types of music.

By Day - Web Developer - http://www.eUniverse.com