RE: [stella] DD Build 0002

Subject: RE: [stella] DD Build 0002
From: "Brian Prescott" <bprescot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:02:11 -0400
Glenn:

To remove the blip at the top, all I did was move the code:

	LDA #0
	STA PF0
	STA PF1
	STA PF2; zero out playfield

up to right under the STA VBLANK.  It must've been a remnant left in PF2
that was drawn on the bottom of the screen, but then again, I'm no expert.

I ran the binary through my Supercharger, and I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that the screen doesn't roll.  The bad news is that the
"Derb" comes out backwards on my Atari, while it comes out as expected on
z26.  I haven't a clue why that would be happening, I looked real quick at
the source code and nothing jumped out at me.

One thing that I did notice during my Vault Assault development was that I
needed to test with the actual Atari somewhat frequently, as I had some
nasty bugs work their way into it by just using the emulator only.  (By the
way, for those of you who own one of the Vault Assault carts, try playing a
game where you score exactly 600 points.  Don't bother trying it with the
binary posted on my web page, though.)

Brian