Re: Positioning during VSYNC (was: [stella] DD_0003)

Subject: Re: Positioning during VSYNC (was: [stella] DD_0003)
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:28:20 -0700
Oh, I've never thought much about what happens during VSYNC.  I'm thinking
more about the dreaded 24 cycles at the start of a scanline or the
multi-sprite effect that you were playing with in the demo that you posted a
while back.  There are definite differences between the way a classic 2600
does the multi-sprite thing and the rainbow model or a 7800.  The fact that
PAL consoles have trouble with KoolAide man probably has something to do
with positioning.  I'd be careful about doing positioning at *any* time.

John

Thomas wrote:
> I'm positioning (except HMOVE) during VSYNC in Thrust and Jammed. Nobody
reported any problems with that so far.

> During development, I mostly had to rely on the nearly perfect emulation
of your z26, and it is emulating exactly in the described way. I guess, you
are doing it that way for good reason? :)

> Have fun!
> Thomas
> Thomas Jentzsch         | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
> tjentzsch at web dot de |

__

-