Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie

Subject: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:12:51 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Glenn!

> A command-line switch (maybe -i) that tells DASM to allow illegal opcodes?
> The
> default would be plain old DASM, no illegal opcodes allowed, and the -i
> would
> cause DASM to use Thomas's list of illegal opcodes (which is better than
> mine).
> <<

> But to me, the processor directive should indicate the legal instruction
> set, not a command line switch.  The only question is whether to always
> allow illegal opcodes when you do "processor 6502" or not.  If you want to
> turn it off, I happen to prefer another processor directive, like 6502i (for
> illegal) where the default 6502 is off, or 6502s (for strict) if the default
> 6502 has illegal opcodes.  It's not THAT much of a pain to have to touch up
> old sourcecode to make it reassemble.

So far I experienced no troubles at all with DASM 'being able' to compile
illegal opcodes without further modifications. It compiles everything
sent to the list, wether there's illegals in or not. Fine for me.

The suggested '6502s' switch forcing illegal opcodes OFF, might be a
good idea though...

Nobody would've too modify any old sources, which is good, too.

I don't use illegal opcodes, not for StellaX and not because I'm not
knowing them, but because I want to compete with the original games! :-)
(I probably would use them when I'd get in very serious kernel
troubles...)

Greetings,
     Manuel

Bei unserem Shoppingpartner waltherliving erhalten Sie einen Gutschein im
Wert von DM 10,00 für Ihren nächsten Onlineeinkauf! Einfach hier abrufen
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/living1

-