Re: [stella] DD build 8

Subject: Re: [stella] DD build 8
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:00:59 +0200
Glenn Saunders wrote:
> The problem I have now is that the horizontal positioning routine I
> borrowed from Gunfight is not working properly.  I don't know what I'm
> doing wrong with it.  Manual, could you check it??  The players move in big
> jumps when I change their start positions and if I make the players cross
> the screen flips out.

You are doing HMOVE *before* WSYNC, normally you should do it directly after WSYNC. Manuels version avoids HMOVE lines, but then you *must* time it correctly (see your own comments :-)

> Also, I had a question about HMOVE lines.  It looks like I'm going to have
> to have HMOVE on either every line, or every other line, depending on the Y
> position of M0 and M1.  Every other if they are on the same line of the
> line-pair, and every line if they are on even/odd lines.  This is going to
> wind up wiping out the leftmost part of the safezone border line.  If I set
> the ball priority above PF0 and PF1 couldn't I repaint it using the
> ball?

There is no way to paint over the HMOVe lines, you only can avoid them by starting HMOVE some cycles earlier. But then you are limited to only one move direction, so that won't work for you.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de