Re: [stella] Re: reading the driving controllers, generic thoughts

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: reading the driving controllers, generic thoughts
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:09:54 +0100
Andrew wrote:
> I just have to say it ...
> Wow, this is a really beautiful piece of code.
> Thanks for explaining the how it works.

Thank you for the big compliment!
It makes me really happy to read, that someone understood my attempt to explain what I'm doing and still likes my coding :-)

I love "torturing" the bits, that's what makes the difference between pure assembler and high level languages.

BTW: With using X instead of Y and the illegal opcode LAX (instead of LDA, TAY), you can squeze the code by one more byte. And I'm not absolutely sure, that there aren't even more compact solutions to the problem.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |