Re: Z26, VSYNC, Timers, somebody HELP ME! (was: Re: [stella] Gunfight Release Candidate(s))

Subject: Re: Z26, VSYNC, Timers, somebody HELP ME! (was: Re: [stella] Gunfight Release Candidate(s))
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:25:20 +0100
Hi Eckhard!

>As it seems the timer loop always expires
>after cycle 70 or so. One timer step is only
>64 cycles, so if you reduce the timer value
>by 1, you should always get a stable picture.

The thing I realised in the meantime is, that the end
cycle where the timer expires can only shift between 5
cycles, right? So I shifted the point where the timer is
loaded some cyles (> 5) later, which should have the
same effect as reducing the counter, right?

>> And why is Z26 not jerking?

>Because we are not really sure when the jittering
>is supposed to happen and when not. But maybe we
>could add a display that constantly shows you the
>number of scanlines in the last frame on the screen.
>That way you can see for yourself when you are not
>generating a stable number of scanlines.

I think this'd be a cool & necessary feature, at least
for us developers.

Greetings,
	Manuel