Re: [stella] BAStella Language Reference V0.000000001

Subject: Re: [stella] BAStella Language Reference V0.000000001
From: AutismUK@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:13:36 EST
In a message dated 21/11/01 15:10:33 GMT Standard Time, tjentzsch@xxxxxx
writes:

<< Piero wrote:
 > Expect a flood of "limited edition" homebrew carts ;-)

 You should mark all games produced with BAStella with a copyright screen.
That way, all products would be easy recognizable and you would also
encourage the people to still want to write their very own game.

 If BAStella had existed without that before, maybe many original homebrews
wouldn't exist. >>

I agree, its a fun idea, but I think it'll produce a lot of very "samey"
games, I mean if we want a "real" sprite system you might as well
program for the PC or something :( It's almost the challenge of
what you can bash out of the hardware.

One way around the problem of the flood of new carts would be to
release it under something like the Copyleft thing, whereby any
programs written with it cannot be charged for. (I know this isn't
exactly right).