Re: [stella] Poker solitaire source, versions 012 & 014

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker solitaire source, versions 012 & 014
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:41:18 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Roger Williams wrote:

> (The fact that frying is so consistent would argue that the RAM
> is getting zeroed of $FF'ed, a condition which could be tested.
> Hmmmmmmm....)

...hmm. Wonder if it would be possible to build a `safe frying'
device for a 2600? A pot you turn, that lets you adjust the voltage..

> Incidentally, I once had a computer in the late 70's that could
> _really_ be fried.

This reminds me of the `POKE of Death' on the original CBM/PET
machines.. can't remember the details, but essentially, you could
fry the machine under software control.. Of course, these days we
have viruses that blow away your flash BIOS (one was going around
Ga. Tech last year), so I guess we've come full circle..

B.