[stella] 2600 development under Linux

Subject: [stella] 2600 development under Linux
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:39:34 -0500
I'm giving strong consideration to switching from Win 98 SE to Linux as my primary OS at home. Windows has been giving me fits over the past couple of months and I'm ready for the change. I've also wanted to explore Linux anyway, so it seems like the time is right.

I certainly plan on continuing Atari development and using emulators. After all, I will finish Euchre one of these days. :) What are my options under Linux for 6502 assemblers, fancy editors (I will miss EditPlus), and emulators?

I did catch references to Emulatar (www.angelfire.com/mo/atari) by searching the Stella archives, but it doesn't appear that it's been updated in a while. I also know that there is a version of the Stella emulator for Linux. Are there others?

I would like an assembler that can read source that is compatible with DASM, if possible.

(I also still have to pick a distribution, too... :) )