Re: [stella] Reading the Booster Grip

Subject: Re: [stella] Reading the Booster Grip
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:45:07 +0100
Glenn wrote
>> If bit7 of INPT0-3 is high, the button is pressed. If it is low, the button
>> is released.
>
> Is it really this simple?  You never have to set bit 7 of VBLANK anywhere?

No, you have to set the bit sometimes, else (on some consoles) the condensators of the paddle controllers (which are used here) will charge even without input. The Booster Grip support in Thrust still is a bit buggy, I think Eckhard is trying to find out how it exactly works so z26 can emulate it more correct.

I would recommend to set the bit for some(?) time directly after you read the input. But that's only a suggestion.

>Can anyone disassemble Omega Race enough to see exactly how they went
>about reading the Booster Grip buttons?  Thomas?

I'll disassemble Omega Race soon for two reasons:
1. find out how the Omega Bosster Grip *exactly* works
2. hacking the game for driving controller (if that makes sense)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |