Re: [stella] Interesting Notes from Randy at Hozer

Subject: Re: [stella] Interesting Notes from Randy at Hozer
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:20:34 -0600
Okay I'll jump in:

I've had a LOT more interest in the Synthcart than I expected. Obviously, Atariage has been very important as far as spreading the word. I think the contests are just great because not only do they let people know about your game/project, but they're also fun and give everyone a chance to participate. In the beat programming contest, people have come up with ideas (some great, some..uh...interesting) that I would have NEVER thought of. I think the label contests are great fun too, but I just prefer to design my own weird labels. Maybe for Marble Craze I'll have a level design contest or something. :o)

But what's more interesting is that probably at least half of the people e-mailing me are not as much classic gamers, but electronic musicians. I spent some time posting on electronic music/synth newsgroups and writing to people who host similar web sites, and it's really paid off. I have people saying they want to buy one and asking me where they can get an Atari 2600.

-Paul