Re: [stella] Definitive Combat Disassembly

Subject: Re: [stella] Definitive Combat Disassembly
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 13:27:52 -0800
Roger, I noticed that the sprite shapes contain data in both halves (i.e the top 180') and yet earlier in the code you state that it takes advantage of the sprite mirror function in hardware. If that's the case, wouldn't you only need to store the left or right half?

In Death Derby I only store the right 180' of rotation and since I don't copy to RAM, I have to store both the top and bottom half of the right 180'. if I stored just the top right corner and copied to RAM in normal or reverse direction then I could have saved more ROM.

Could you elaborate a bit on why Combat's sprite shapes are stored that way?