Re: [stella] Definitive Combat Disassembly

Subject: Re: [stella] Definitive Combat Disassembly
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 07:38:21 -0800
From: <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>

> STA  GRP0               ; In case GRP0 isn't COMPLETELY zeroed.
>
> That last instruction is needed because VDELP1 might still be set, so
> another write (of anything) to GRP0 is needed to make sure the zero
> in GRP1 is displayed.  (So I guess the comment should read "In
> case GRP*1* isn't completely zeroed." :) )

Hey -- that makes perfect sense.  I guess v1.1 of my "definitive"
work will be coming along soon, as I should probably also
add some comments clarifying the coordinate system.

FYI most of the kernal documentation was already there when I
began overhauling NBCOMBAT.ASM, including this comment
and the ROT routine (though it was named something else).  I
pulled out all the comments I knew were erroneous or uninformed,
but I had the impression people had gone over the kernal stuff
pretty thoroughly so I didn't pay a lot of attention there.

--Roger Williams