Re: [stella] Qb debacle

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb debacle
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 22:15:14 -0500
At 02:33 AM 3/5/02 +1100, Andrew Davie wrote:
Well, for those who haven't heard yet, I manufactured 100 cartridges of Qb
Special Edition containing a showstopper bug. [...] what I'm looking for is stable 262 lines on NTSC [...] There should be no screen glitching during gameplay.

I spent some time playing in Z26. I also experienced the same thing that Thomas Jentzsch did. When using the scanline count mode, the display is stable at 262 lines except when changing levels or starting again after losing a Qb.

However, I did find an unrelated bug. Press Select until you pass through all 20 boards and are back at board 1. Start by moving the joystick. As you play, you'll get a six tiles to work with instead of four, thus being unable to complete the level.