[stella] Star Fire: Getting Closer: Perfect Sorting solution

Subject: [stella] Star Fire: Getting Closer: Perfect Sorting solution
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 01:00:27 +0100
Hi there!

As a result of all the sorting discussions, I finally
found the perfect solution for my problem, by inventing
a totally new sorting method! ;-)

To show you the result, I attached a demo with the
latest version of my intelligent flicker engine,
handling 8(!) double wide objects at once!

To make you see how *intelligent* the flicker already is
the objects only move, when the fire button is pressed.
There's still some little issues to fix, like I'm
occasionally exceeding the 76 cycle limit of certain
lines, but in generall I'm very happy with this now. At
least I think I can produce enough action for a proper
Star Fire feeling :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel