[stella] Marble Craze playable demo

Subject: [stella] Marble Craze playable demo
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:23:41 -0500
Finally got a playable demo. There's no score, the bonus pills don't work, and there's only one level. But you can play through the simple level I put together.

The idea is to roll the marble through the level to the finish as fast as possible (and without falling off). It's set up as a simultaneous two player game, and each player uses one set of two paddles. One paddle controls the vertical and one controls the horizontal. When the score is working, points will be based on how much time you have left when you finish the level and how many bonus pills you get.

The bonus pills will have other functions than just points. Some will give more time, some will open new paths, and some will temporarily prevent you from falling off by stopping you at any edge.

The controls are pretty hard at first, but I got used to them after playing a bit. But I don't think this game will work very well on emulators due to the odd control scheme.

The Reset switch starts over and the B&W switch will turn the music on and off.

-Paul