Re: [stella] Gunfight Source * 3!

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight Source * 3!
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:28:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Manuel Polik wrote:

> ATASM - That assembler is totally unsable right now,
> since it does only output some Atari 8-Bit Load-Blocks,
> no raw data. I'm in contact with the author though and
> he'll probably soon update ATASM, adding some support
> for programming the 2600. Since I found some bugs in the
> current version as well, one should really wait for the
> update.

I'm waiting to hear back from the author, myself.. I've added
raw image support to atasm, also the ability to specify an output
file (instead of being stuck with filename.65o), and the ability
to define variables on the command line (like -DNTSC=1, which is
a feature DASM has that I personally couldnt't live without).

Also, I've added the ability to turn illegal opcodes on or off via
a .OPT option in the assembly source, during assembly (so you're
not dependent on the user to remember to add the -u on the command
line).

One thing I don't know is what the license is on atasm. I didn't see
anything at all in the source declaring the code to be public domain
or not, or whatever. We don't want another DASM mess...

B.