Re: [stella] PAL Conversion

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL Conversion
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:45:52 -0500

If that TV actually is a multi-standard TV, it might not suffer
from the PAL colour-loss problem, that most regular PAL TVs have.
You should try out a program with an odd number of scanlines per
frame to see if your new TV is usefull for testing for this problem,
or if you still must rely on the emulator.

Unfortunately it's a black and white. I had to take what I could get. I'll still have to adjust the colors with the emulators. My biggest motivation was converting my Synthcart where the clock speed is the main issue.

How do I avoid the problem you are talking about? Make sure there are an even number of scanlines? I think I remember you talking about not doing anything with the TIA during VSYNC too.

-Paul