Re: [stella] Optimizing "Align 256"

Subject: Re: [stella] Optimizing "Align 256"
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:16:56 -0500

Anyone know of any tricks to fill in an "align 256" so as little space is wasted as possible? I guess what I want is some easy way to know how much wasted space there is between the last data/code and the align 256 so I know how many bytes to fill. I always put stuff that needs to be aligned on a page at the beginning of the 4k bank, but I've got a few cases where they can't be put there.

Well Paul, you could use the -l switch in dasm to generate a list file to see what memory locations your code is being assembled into. Maybe next time you should use your brain before you post. ;o)

-Paul