[stella] 6502 Less Than / Greater Than Help!

Subject: [stella] 6502 Less Than / Greater Than Help!
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 5 Jul 2002 22:55:58 -0000
Ok, am I being dumb here?
I have one variable, YPosFromBottom...this is how many
scanlines the top of the sprite is from the bottom...
if that number is less than 6, I assume it has hit the floor.

--snip--
;check if player hit floor
	LDA #6
	CLC
	CMP YPosFromBot
	BMI DoneCheckingHitFloor
;we need a better bounce routine, like reducing the speed?
	LDA #-4;
	STA PlayerVertSpeed

	LDA YPosFromBot
	STA COLUBK

	LDA #10
	STA YPosFromBot
DoneCheckingHitFloor
--snip--
The thing is, this seems to happen if YPosFromBot
is large, like maybe around 160, as well as small,
the under 6 I was hoping for.  At least, that's
what I think I'm seeing, and I've been doing a lot
to isolate it (I had to...combined with my "have
I hit the ceiling routine, I was getting the sucker
freezing in place and acting otherwise confusingly...
other than this, I think my movement routine is
coming along very well...) Any suggestions what
I'm doing wrong here? Something with the carry bit?

Thanks for any help!
Kirk

PS I actually have to 6502 books on order from the
library, but they're slow to get here over the
holidays...

"Morality's lease is up and Science has the keys to the apartment."
        -Ander's Mad Scientist Page