Re: [stella] Hello World

Subject: Re: [stella] Hello World
From: "Roagie" <roagie@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:38:27 -0700

> On Sunday 07 July 2002 08:20 pm, Brian ("Roagie") wrote:
> > Hello all! I'm new to the list, but not to the cause. I've been
collecting
> > for years and years and have finally gotten to the point where I want to
> > crack this 2600 nut.
>
> Welcome to our world!  It is a large nut with a hard shell, but the
rewards
> are well worth the work getting through it.

I look forward to it... actually, half the fun seems to be making
discoveries and figuring stuff out. So I don't mind the work.

> I may be presuming too much here, but it appears that you are new to
assembly
> language...

You're senses are that of a wilderbeast! You're correct in your assessment,
I'm quite new to assembly... this is my first exposure to it - but I am not
afraid! I'm currently in school majoring in computer science. I've got 2
semesters of C++ under my belt and this coming semester I am taking an
assembly class so the horizon looks bright. I will also definitely check out
those links you offered since I believe the more exposure the merrier. It'll
put me one step ahead in my upcoming class (or have they changed everything
since 1975?)

> I hope this helps!  Just keep posting your questions as you go.  (In fact,
> this could contribute well to a general newbie guide...)

Yes! A newbie guide would rock, as well as a Stella programming FAQ (does
one exist??).
Thanks for the intro assembly links! I'm off to download and print them now
so I can have another 1am revelation! And I'm sure lots of questions will be
coming your way, thanks for being so kind as to answer them!

Brian