Re: [stella] Identity Crisis?

Subject: Re: [stella] Identity Crisis?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:04:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Yvo Zoer wrote:

> Does anyone know by which part number the 6532 RIOT goes by?! I've got both
> a 6507 and a 6532 but neither of them has the 'appropriate' markings on
> them, except for:
>
> 8113
> C010750-03

"C010750" is the Atari part # for the RIOT.  Not sure what the "-03" means.
"8113" means the chip was made in the 13th week of 1981.

> and
>
> C010444-20
> 8001
> 8110-20
>
> which is rather confusing to say the least! Anyone care to shed some light

Yeah this is confusing.  "CO10444" is the Atari part # for the TIA.
But I'm not sure what the other 2 are.  One will be the date code.
I'm guessing 10th week of 1981 if the 2 chips are from the same
machine.  That leaves "8001" and "-20" as mysteries.  The number
suffixes (-03 and -20) could be manufacturing plant numbers?  Or
wafer numbers?  Actually that could be it.  That would let you identify
exactly when the chip was made, in case there were problems.  But I
really don't know...

-Chris