Re: vcs.h (Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)

Subject: Re: vcs.h (Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:06:23 -0700
Eric Eid wrote:

> Check out the threads "VCS.H standardization" and "VCSC.H version 1.0",
> though either The Dig or the Biglist interface itself.
>
> The company I work for actually helps develop standards.  (I'm not in that
> department - don't get any ideas.  :) )  Part of the process is to submit
> draft to a body of relevant people, have them answer ballots as to whether
or
> not they approve, and provide comments as they see fit.  Could this model
> work for us?  Or can we reach a consensus without a formal process?

Heres the deal:  vcs.h is like 80 lines or something.  Why don't people just
cut and paste into their programs then they can fill in the blanks any way
they like?  Then when other people try to assemble it, there is no problem
with having the wrong vcs.h since it's not actually needed once it's pasted
into your program.

John