[stella] Ideal settings for makewav?

Subject: [stella] Ideal settings for makewav?
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:13:17 -0400
I wanted to try out some games - particularly Euchre :) - on a real Atari
2600.  I dredged up my Supercharger, bought a bunch of six-foot mini-to-mini
extension cables (my computer and Atari are in two different rooms), and
connected the Supercharger to my computer's sound card.  I ran makewav 4.1 on
both Qb and Yahtzee, with a variety of settings.  (Yes, I made sure to use
the new -ts option. :) )  When I could get the Supercharger to even notice
sound was coming in, it never got past a couple of bars before aborting the
load.

Granted, my Supercharger might be touchy after a long period of no use.  I
couldn't get it to read from audio tapes from either my stereo or a portable
player.  It was able to read from the Stella Gets a New Brain CD, both from
my stereo and my computer.

What this indicates to me is that the Supercharger still works, albeit
grudgingly.  (Could the mini plug need cleaning, and if so, with what?)
Therefore, I am probably not making good audio files.

What have the list readers used to make WAV files that work well on
Superchargers?  Please note that I do not have a Cuttle Cart, so whatever
settings you give must work for a Supercharger.

TIA!