Re: [stella] Improved Interlace demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Improved Interlace demo
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:34:49 +0200
> @Eckhard: I can't wait to programm for that, when will z26
> support this??? :-)

Definately not before John returns from his vacation in a couple of
days. Then he'll let you know how much money you'd have to transfer
to the "z26 requested features fund" account so that he can pay off
his holidays and spend his free time on z26 again. ;-)

I guess we could add a command line switch that allows you to display
the odd frames in the odd scanlines in mode 6. But that probably
wouldn't look quite right, as the flicker would be much worse on a
real TV. Also you wouldn't know if you are really doing a proper
interlace signal that the TV would accept.

To add an autodetection feature for interlace, we would have to know
exactly when a "half line" causes the interlace to occur and when it
just creates PAL colour-loss. But that might be different on didfferent
TVs, like the number of lines it can display before the picture rolls.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg