[stella] Space Teat PAL questions

Subject: [stella] Space Teat PAL questions
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:55:51 +0200
Hi everyone,

I'm currently converting Space Treat to PAL, and am in need for your help!
I think I'll probably release it at 60hz since it will keep the original
speed and aspect ratio; anyway I've attempted a 50hz version also
(attached), but being this my 1st attempt at such task, and being actually
still a total newbie, I'm not 100% sure I've done everything correctly..

I'm mostly unsure about the VBLANK period: we should have 48 vblank lines in
PAL, according to the Stella manual. So I've set TIM64T to 52, in order to
count for 45 lines.. is that correct?

I've also set the kernel to do 228 (or so) lines, overscan to 36 (that was
pretty easy), and a total frame lines of 312.

It displays ok on my PAL 2600, but I'd like be sure I'm actually generating
a legal signal..

Next step: find out emulators incompatibilities due to illegal opcodes
(where?!?!) :)

Thanks,
Fabrizio.-