Re: [stella] Euchre: Beta

Subject: Re: [stella] Euchre: Beta
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:35:00 -0400
On Wednesday 25 September 2002 08:53 am, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
> I can't really say much about the game, since I don't know the rules
> and don't really want to learn them, but the PAL version looks pretty
> much like on the newest version of z26 (1.57) on my PAL system. That
> means that at least your choice of red is way to bright. You might want
> to try to find something more suitable. The green is a bit darker on my
> TV than on z26 though, so you probably don't need to fix that.

Thanks for letting me know that!  It's very difficult to set the colors
properly, since the NTSC convention of high four bytes for hue and low four
bytes for luminance doesn't seem to apply to PAL.  At least, it didn't appear
to when I was trying to find decent colors under Stella.  I'll play with the
red (I'm assuming both the suit and the score) settings a bit.

How's the stability?  Does the screen shudder at all?  I'd like to know if I
have the right number of scan lines.