RE: [stella] New to Atari 2600 programming

Subject: RE: [stella] New to Atari 2600 programming
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:56:35 -0400
You can take a look at the SCSIcide source code, as I use a modified version of the 6-digit display source to display the hexadecimal score. I also use it to display the 6-character easter egg, so I have a few alpha characters defined.

Since I've already posted the source to the list last year, you can get it from: http://www.pixelspast.com/games/scsicide/scsi130.s.txt

Hope that helps!

Joe

PS - Glad to see you're working on something for the 2600 now. Castle Blast was very cool!

At 11:02 AM 10/25/2002, Ronen Habot wrote:
> Welcome aboard Ronen :)

Thanks Dennis.

> Use the 6-digit display example on the Dig. You are going to > have to draw your fonts yourself as Stella has no character set.

In that case, does whoever needs to display some text "re-invents the wheel" (so to speak) and comes up with their own character set?

> BTW doing all the alphanumeric characters is going to take a > lot of ROM space. Do you need all of them?

No. I just need a few letters.

Ronen.