[stella] Star Fire: Crash!

Subject: [stella] Star Fire: Crash!
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:14:21 +0100
Hi there!

I just finished a version which has pretty much all
visuals completed that I want to have in the game.

When your shield is dead now, the radar is distorted and
with the "next hit" you now get some Battlezone like
crash scene. (All happening on timers at the moment)

I'd just like to add, that even though the crash code is
based on the one from Battlezone, I had to adopt it in
numerous ways to make it fit my needs and I managed to
reduce the required ROM space to some 20%-30% of the
original code. I think it was a little over-randomized
in the original and I didn't see the need of
repositioning the *noise* every frame, as the positions
turned out to be already pretty random anyway...

Hehe, *only* gameplay and sound missing now :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel