Re: [stella] Cartridge dumper

Subject: Re: [stella] Cartridge dumper
From: Adam Wozniak <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:05:33 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Kroko wrote:
> Where do you get the cartridge slot from ? Are there
> still sources for a 24 pin cart slot ?

I used a 24 pin card edge connector from digikey (www.digikey.com)
(part S1126-ND)
http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/Sullins/Web%20Photos/EZC12DCWN.jpg

It's darn close, but not perfect.  At first I thought it was too short,
but the carts seem to read ok.  Still wish it was a touch taller though.
For the Atari carts with the dust cover you need to insert a screwdriver
to get the dust cover to slide back, then stick a small ball of scotch
tape in there to prevent it from sliding back down.  Not elegant, but
it works.  Probably a pain if you wanted to dump a bunch of them.
I suppose I could mount some sort of metal prongs at the
right spot on my circuit board to do the same job.  For other carts
without the dust covers it works just fine though.

--
Will code for food.       http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/resume.html

adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/pgp.html