Re: [stella] Cartridge dumper

Subject: Re: [stella] Cartridge dumper
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:44:29 -0600
On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:35:06AM -0600, Paul Slocum wrote:

> >Also, would anyone be interested in buying a dumper like this?
> >My biggest cost is the PC board fab, which could be brought down if I
> >made a large order.
>
> I'm guessing that you won't find a lot of people that have need for one.  I
> think most of people that need one (like people that deal with protos)
> already have one.  I'm guessing the chances of me finding a cartridge that
> I don't already have the ROM for is about zero.

Me too.

My initial reaction was "COOL!  Yeah, I want one!"  But then I thought
about it, and I don't aggressively collect cartridges, I'm probably
never going to get a proto, and everything else I'll get on Atari Age or
from the list as it's posted.  It's a neat toy, but I really have no use
whatsoever for it.

Adam