Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors

Subject: Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:48:30 -0600

Making a PCB to fit the cases is a non-issue. That could be done within a few days. Having cartridge shells available would be very cool.

Okay, I went back and found the info that Eduardo Mello (opcode) had found on the Patola cases. From his Atariage post:

"I am not sure if this is the right place to post it but...
Several people here have asked me about a Brazilian company called Patola which does produce standard VCS cart cases. Yesterday a sent them an e-mail and today they have replyed me. So here is the info:

Atari case = R$ 1.04 per unit
Tax = 15%
Total = R$ 1.20

Total for 100 units = R$ 120.00
US$/R$ ratio = 2.80 -> 100 unit ~ US$ 42.86

But the minimum order is R$ 240.00 ~ US$ 85.72 (200 units)

Of course, there will be shipping charges too... "

And the pictures of the sample case he received:

http://www.geocities.com/vgbelloq/newcases.html

-Paul