[stella] Reading Paddles?

Subject: [stella] Reading Paddles?
From: "Chris Larkin" <clarkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:32:38 -0800
I wanted to add paddle control to my recent game, as opposed to Joysticks like it uses now... and then I realised... I have no idea how to write for paddles...

I searched the Dig and Archives, and the only examples I could find didn't really explain how to do it.  Before I just copy and paste code, I'd like to know what's really going on in the hardware :-)

How does INPT0 relate to the actual position of the paddle? How do I know how to increment/decrement the position of whatever it is I want controlled by the paddle based on the value of INPT0.